“Service” refers to the Company’s services accessed via the Site, in which users can access educational material about corporate finance, investment banking and other financial services, along with any other websites, applications or services owned or operated by the Company, or its affiliates. The terms “we,” “us,” and “our” refer to the Company. “You” refers to you, as a user of our Site or our Service.
For purposes of data protection laws, the Company, located at 40 University Drive, Suite 400, Newtown, PA 18940, is the data controller of your information collected in connection with this Site and the provision of our services.
When using this Site or our Services, you may share personal information necessary for the Company to provide the Services you use, operate our business, meet our contractual and legal obligations, protect the security of our systems and customers, or fulfill other legitimate interests.
- INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We collect information about you in various ways when you use our Site or Services. We collect personal information you provide to us. For example, we collect your contact information you provide us on our Site, to subscribe to our Service, or to create a personal profile. We may also obtain information about you from other sources such as web analytics and other companies.
When you visit our Site or open one of our emails, some information is automatically collected and stored. For example, when you visit our Site, your computer’s operating system, device type, and other identifiers, Internet Protocol (IP) address, access times, browser type and language, hashed identifiers from email addresses for the purposes of cross-device tracking for targeted advertising, and the website you visited before and after our site may be logged. We also collect information about your usage and activity on our Site.
We may collect information using Web beacons. Web beacons are electronic images that may be used on our Site or in our emails. We use Web beacons to deliver cookies, count visits, understand usage and campaign effectiveness and to tell if an email has been opened and acted upon.
Third parties who provide us with analytics services for the Site may also automatically collect some of the information described above, including, for example, IP address, access times, browser type and language, device type, device identifiers and Wi-Fi information. Please consult the respective privacy policies and statements of these third parties for more information, including how Google Analytics use this data.
- HOW WE USE INFORMATION
We use personal information collected through our Site for purposes described in this Policy or disclosed to you on our Site. For example, we may use your information to:
- Operate and improve our internal operations, systems, products, and the Site;
- Understand you and your preferences to enhance your experience and enjoyment using our Site;
- Respond to your comments and questions and provide customer service;
- Provide and deliver products and services you request;
- Communicate with you about products and services offered by us and our selected partners;
- Link or combine information about you with other personal information we get from third parties, to help understand your needs and provide you with better and more personalized service;
- Protect, investigate, and deter against fraudulent, unauthorized, or illegal activity; or
- Fulfill our contractual and legal obligations.
- HOW WE SHARE INFORMATION
We do not share your personal information with third parties other than as follows:
- With your consent and/or to provide our services;
- With third party vendors, consultants, and other service providers who work for us and need access to your information to do that work, such as those who provide web hosting, maintenance and security services, conduct data analysis and create reports, and provide certain service functionality;
- In connection with or during negotiation of any merger, financing, acquisition, bankruptcy, dissolution, transaction or proceeding involving sale, transfer, divestiture or disclosure of all or a portion of our business or assets to another company.
We may also share aggregated or deidentified personal information.
- HOW WE SAFEGUARD INFORMATION
We take reasonable steps to help protect your personal information in an effort to prevent loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction. We implement security measures designed to protect your information from unauthorized access. Your account is protected by your account password and we urge you to take steps to keep your personal information safe by not disclosing your password and by logging out of your account after each use. We further protect your information from potential security breaches by implementing certain technological security measures including encryption, firewalls and secure socket layer technology. However, these measures do not guarantee that your information will not be accessed, disclosed, altered or destroyed by breach of such firewalls and secure server software. By using our Service, you acknowledge that you understand and agree to assume these risks.
- LEGAL BASES FOR COLLECTING PERSONAL INFORMATION
We collect and process your personal information on the basis of different legal grounds, depending on the nature of the data provided, including but not limited to:
- Performance of a Contract – In order to provide this Site and our services, connection and processing personal information is necessary for the performance of our agreements with you.
- Legitimate Interest – We have other needs to collect or process personal information where we have a legitimate interest in providing marketing materials, where you have a reasonable expectation to perform a process or service on your behalf, or to prevent fraud and identity theft.
- Legal Obligation – Where we need to retain or provide information based on legal obligations, court orders, tax authority requests, and other obligations.
- Consent – We rely upon your consent to collect and process personal information, especially where you rely upon us to provide the services.
- TRANSFERS OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Personal information we collect may be stored and processed in your region, in the United States or in any other country where we or our affiliates, subsidiaries or service providers maintain facilities. We maintain primary data centers in the United States. We take steps designed to ensure that the data we collect under this Statement is processed according to the provisions of this Statement and applicable law wherever the data is located. When we transfer personal information from the European Economic Area and Switzerland to other countries, some of which have not been determined by the European Commission to have an adequate level of data protection, we use a variety of legal mechanisms, including contracts, in an effort to help ensure your rights and protections.
- STORAGE AND RETENTION OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We retain your personal information for as long as necessary to provide services requested by you, or for other essential purposes such as complying with our legal obligations, resolving disputes, and enforcing our agreements. Because these needs can vary for different data types in the context of different services, actual retention periods can vary significantly. The criteria used to determine retention include:
How long is the personal information needed to provide applicable services?
- This includes such things as maintaining and improving the performance of the Site, enabling system security measures, and maintaining appropriate business and financial records.
Do users provide, create, or maintain the data with the expectation we will retain it until they affirmatively remove it?
- In such cases, we may maintain the data until actively deleted by the user.
Is the personal information of a sensitive type?
- If so, a shortened retention time may be appropriate.
Are we subject to a legal, contractual, or similar obligation to retain the data?
- Examples can include mandatory data retention laws in the applicable jurisdiction, government orders to preserve data, or data that must be retained for the purposes of litigation.
- YOUR RIGHTS REGARDING THE USE OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
If you wish to ask to review, access, correct, delete, or otherwise limit our use of any of your personal information you may have provided to us (for which we reserve the right to charge you a fee, as permitted by applicable law), please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. In your request, please include your email address, name, physical address, telephone number, and other relevant background. To protect your privacy and security, we may take steps to verify your identity before granting your request. Note, we may decline requests that are unreasonable, prohibited by law, or are not required to be honored by applicable law.
You may opt out of receiving promotional emails from us by following the instructions in those emails. If you opt out, we may still send you non-promotional emails, such as emails about your accounts or our ongoing business relations. You may also send requests about your contact preferences, changes to your information including requests to opt-out of sharing your personal information with third parties by emailing email@example.com.
Most Web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove cookies and to reject cookies. If you choose to remove cookies or reject cookies, this could affect certain features or services of our Site.
Our third-party analytics and advertising partners may provide you with options to opt-out of certain information collection. To opt out of Google Analytics, you can download the Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on.
There are many ways through which web browser signals and other similar mechanisms (for example, “Do Not Track”) can indicate your choice to disable tracking, and, while we and others give you choices described in this Statement, we do not currently honor these mechanisms.
- YOUR EUROPEAN PRIVACY RIGHTS
Resident of the European Economic Area (“EEA”) can exercise certain data subject rights available to them under applicable data protection laws. We will comply with requests to exercise these rights in accordance with applicable law. Please note that in some circumstances, we may need to keep processing your information for certain legitimate interests to comply with a legal obligation. If these rights apply to you, you may request:
- A copy of certain personal information we hold about you;
- We prevent the processing of your personal information for direct marketing purposes;
- We update personal information that is out of date or incorrect;
- We delete certain personal information that we hold about you;
- We restrict the way we process or disclose specific personal information about you;
- We transfer your personal information to a third-party; and/or
- Revoke consent that you previously provided in the collection and use of your personal information.
- OUR POLICY ON GATHERING INFORMATION FROM AND COMMUNICATING WITH CHILDREN ONLINE
We recognize the unique privacy concerns regarding children and are committed to protecting children’s online privacy. Our services are not geared towards children. Pursuant to the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act guidelines, we do not intentionally or knowingly collect or maintain personal information online from children under the age of 13. If a parent or guardian is made aware that a child under the age of 13 has provided us with personal information, please contact us by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org, and we will take commercially reasonable measures to remove the information about the child from our records.
- CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
If you are a California resident, you have the right to request a notice disclosing the categories of personal information we have collected on you, including the categories of personal information we have collected, the source of that information, our use of that information, and if that information was disclosed to a third party, the categories of third parties to whom such information was disclosed. You have the right to make a personal information request for the specific information collected on you during the 12 month period preceding the request, the right to have such information deleted, the right to request that the information not be sold to third parties, and the right to not be discriminated against because you have exercised any of these rights. If you are a California resident, to exercise your option, a request can be mailed to email@example.com. In your request, please include your email address, name, physical address, telephone number, and other relevant background. To protect your privacy and security, we may take steps to verify your identity before granting your request.
- LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
The Company reserves the right to change, modify, add or deletion portions of this policy and our Terms of Service at any time. It is your sole responsibility to check the Site from time to time to view any such changes in this Policy. Your use of the Site or the Service constitutes your binding acceptance to our revisions to this Policy. We will endeavor to notify you of material changes to the Policy by posting a notice on our Site and/or sending an email to the email address you provided to us upon registration. For this additional reason, you should keep your contact and profile information current. Any changes to this Policy (other than as set forth in this paragraph) or waiver of our rights hereunder shall not be valid or effective except in a written agreement bearing the physical signature of one of our officers. No purported waiver or modification of this agreement on our part via telephonic or email communications shall be valid.
VII. CONTACT US